The PPI is an INDEPENDENT educational, not-for profit research institute. We undertake rigorous research from a neutral, long-term perspective
Responses And Submissions
PPI consultation response to Retirement Outcomes Review: Investment pathways and other proposed changes to our rules and guidance
PPI submitted a consultation response to Retirement Outcomes Review: Investment pathways and other proposed changes to our rules and guidance in April 2019.
It explains that:
- Automatic enrolment in workplace pensions has vastly increased the numbers of people saving for retirement.
- Overall, engagement with pensions remains low, and people may not be in a position to make informed decisions about their pension pots.
- Pre-designed investment pathways represent an opportunity to solve this, but care needs to be taken to ensure that they work in the best interests of users.
- Investment pathways should work alongside other systems that can help people engage with their pensions, such as pensions dashboards.
- Automatic enrolment will see growing numbers of people with multiple pension pots in retirement, and investment pathways should be designed to allow people to maximise their pension outcomes.
- Investment pathways will not necessarily drive engagement, and could even serve to lessen it...
Join our mailing list
Signup to receive all the latest news from the PPI