The PPI is an INDEPENDENT educational, not-for profit research institute. We undertake rigorous research from a neutral, long-term perspective
Better informed policies and decisions that improve later life outcomes.
The need for the PPI is as strong today as it was in back in 2001
Pensions affect everyone
Too few people understand pensions and what is needed for the provision of an adequate retirement income. The PPI wants to change that. The scale and scope of policy change creates even more need for objective and evidence-based analysis. The PPI believes that better information and understanding will lead to better policy framework and better provision of retirement for all.
The PPI aims to be an authoritative voice on policy on pensions and the provision of retirement income in the UK.
Five pillars have been established that form the foundation of the Institute's activities:
- Relevant and accessible information on the extent and nature of financial provision in later life, and any associated implications.
- Lead the debate and contribute fact-based analysis and commentary to the policymaking process.
- Encourage research on later life provision (at the PPI and with others) that informs policy and decision-making.
- A trusted source of information and analysis and impartial feedback to those with an interest in later life issues.
- Model the impact of policy changes on financial provision in later life.
As we look forward now to the next 20 years, we will continue to be the trusted source of information, analysis, and impartial feedback to those with an interest in later life issues. There is still much to do, and we look forward to meeting the challenge head on.
Join our mailing list
Signup to receive all the latest news from the PPI