The PPI is an INDEPENDENT educational, not-for profit research institute. We undertake rigorous research from a neutral, long-term perspective
Technical Report - Every little helps: Should low earners be encouraged to save?
The Pensions Policy Institute (PPI) is today publishing a technical report, Every little helps: Should low earners be encouraged to save? The analysis in this Report is kindly sponsored by the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA).
This technical report provides details of analysis undertaken for the PLSA. The Paper has been split into sections, covering:
- Background to the research including a summary of the analysis.
- A look at the statistics of the population of low earners, compared to the population of all earners. Highlighting some of the key drivers of low earnings.
- Identifies some of the largest subpopulations within low earners. Highlighting the real-world motivations and nuances to low earnings.
- Examines the effect of removing trigger income, through the lens of the characteristics of low earners identified in previous sections.
- A Technical Appendix with results from the analysis.
This report is kindly sponsored by:
Join our mailing list
Signup to receive all the latest news from the PPI