The PPI is an INDEPENDENT educational, not-for profit research institute. We undertake rigorous research from a neutral, long-term perspective
Briefing Note 89 - Defined Benefits: The role of governance
This second Briefing Note in the series explores the role that is played by trustees in ensuring that schemes are well run and, as far as is possible, deliver in full the benefits accrued to members. This note explores:
- The role of DB pension scheme trustees;
- The benefits of good governance and examples of good practice;
- The current gap between good and poor governance;
- The relationship between scale and governance; and
- Improving scheme governance.
This Briefing Note was sponsored by Mercer and was supported by a roundtable discussion attended by representatives from Government and industry. We are grateful to Mercer and the roundtable attendees for their support in producing this note.
Join our mailing list
Signup to receive all the latest news from the PPI