Briefing Note 76 - Financial education and retirement: international examples
New pension flexibilities have brought an increased focus on issues around financial education and the ability of individuals to make the necessary decisions.
After briefly exploring the pensions decisions that UK individuals are required to make, this note considers some international examples of financial education to illustrate other approaches that could be adopted in the UK. The international examples included in this Briefing Note are:
- Financial education during accumulation (Denmark)
- Pensions Dashboard (Sweden)
- Sorted website (New Zealand)
- Three Pensions Days (Netherlands)
- Auto-escalation (United States)
This Briefing Note was sponsored by Partnership. The PPI is grateful to Partnership for their support in producing this note.
To download Briefing Note 76, please click here.